We think this area is pretty special. Admittedly it doesn't sit at the top of France's most obvious cycling destinations, but we think that's what makes it better - it's 'less pedalled', a little off the beaten track and a hidden gem of France to discover on two wheels. If you need more convincing, here's our top 5 reasons why we think you'll love cycling the south-west:
1. SCENERY. Think of the region as the Yorkshire Dales colliding with Cheddar Gorge and the Peak district, mixed in with the Cotswolds for good measure! The region is pretty, green and rolling, dramatic, and brimming with things to see. In fact with the Quercy plateau all around Tours du Tarn, the Aveyron gorges on the doorstep and medieval Saint Antonin Noble Val just a short pedal away, this pocket of undiscovered France has it all.
2. ROADS. Cycling here is your chance to enjoy some genuinely traffic-free roads. Unlike the tourist hotspots of the UK, this area has NONE of the TRAFFIC but quiet, scenic, annually maintained roads instead, meaning you can concentrate on the views and not the tarmac!
3. WEATHER. Admittedly there’s good weather in many of the world’s greatest cycling destinations, this area included. With plenty of sunshine, warm (often hot!) daytime temperatures, and three proper cycling friendly seasons the sheer enjoyment of being on two wheels is made all the better by more than pleasant weather.
4. A PLACE FOR ALL CYCLISTS. Whether you cycle for sport, speed, leisure or pleasure, the region offers everything from hill climbs with switch-backs, to valley flats and dramatic descents with incredible views as you roll on by.
5. UNCHARTERED. This place is original, different and undiscovered! You might not have heard of it but that doesn’t mean it’s not a great cycling destination. Just take a look at the pedigree of the region’s cyclists (Lilian Calmejane, Alexandre Geniez), and sportives (the Albigeoise – home to the UCI Gran Fondo world championships 2017 and the Tour de France the last three years in a row) and you’ll see why it’s a special place to visit.
So there you have it - we also have many more good reasons why you should come to France's south-west and make the decision to stay with us: our newly renovated barn accommodation, luxurious swimming pool, good food, wine and airport pick-ups being just a few good examples! AND should you need any more justification then check out guest reviews and gallery page
5 good reasons: Copyright Tours du Tarn 2018